Plexflo's Evidence platform provides a powerful solution for connecting, configuring, and customizing codes on IOTs in Industry 4.0 projects. This post will walk us through the basics of getting started with a multi-device IOT project.
1. How to create a new project?
- Log in to the system and navigate to the "create project" button, usually located on the main dashboard or in a dropdown menu.
- Fill out the required fields, which typically include the project name, description, and other details such as the project's purpose or goals.
- Once you have entered all the required information, click on the "submit" or "create" button.
- The newly created project will be available on your screen, usually as a card or a list item.
- To access the project details, click on the project card, which will take you to a page where you can view and manage the project settings, members, devices, and other details.
How to upload a SSH Key?
- Navigate to the "Keys" section in the sidenav or the main menu, usually located under the "settings" or "configuration" tab.
- Click on the "Create Key" button to create a new SSH key.
- Fill out the required fields, such as the key name, type, and other options that may be available.
- Upload the .pem file that you can use to SSH into the device, which is typically generated by your SSH client or tool.
- Once you have uploaded the key file, save the changes and verify that the key has been added to your account.
- You can now use this SSH key to connect to your devices securely, usually by entering the key file path and other details in your SSH client or terminal.
How to add a new IOT Device?
- Navigate to the "Groups" section in the sidenav or the main menu, usually located under the "devices" or "configuration" tab.
- Click on the "Create Group" button to create a new device group.
- Fill out the required fields, which may include the group name, description, and other details such as the group's purpose or protocol type.
- Select the type of your devices' protocol (by default MQTT is supported) and hit "Submit".
- You can add multiple devices to this group and manage them all together, such as by applying group-wide settings, scripts, or other configurations.
Creating a Device
- Inside a group, you can create a single device or multiple devices by uploading a CSV file in a specific format.
- To create a single device, click on the "Create Device" button and fill out the required fields, such as the device name, description, and other details such as the device's protocol or authentication method.
- To create multiple devices, upload a CSV file in a specific format, available as a template, which includes the device names, descriptions, and other details.
- Once you have created the device or devices, the system will connect to them automatically within 2-3 minutes.
- Once connected, you will see a 'connected' badge on the device card, which indicates that the device is online and ready to be managed.
How to add custom code for each of your IOT device?
- Inside a group, you can deliver a runner script to all the devices that belong to that group using the code tab.
- The runner script is a code that runs on the devices and performs a specific action, such as collecting data, sending commands, or triggering events.
- To deliver a runner script, navigate to the "Code" tab in the group settings and click on the "upload code" button.
- Enter the code syntax or upload a file that contains the code, which is usually provided by the system or written by you or your team.
- Click on the "deliver" or "deploy" button to send the code to all the devices in the group.
- You can even deliver additional files to the device using "File Delivery Tab"
- You can find more information on the code delivery syntax here.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org